September 08, 2014

New Teacher: Laura Levine

Rebekah Gould
Staff Writer
Miss Laura Levine
  • College: Levine attended Appalachian State University. She finished her student teaching and was a long term substitute at Apex High School last year.
  • Subjects: English I and III, Intro to Communications
  •  Inspirations: Levine came from a family of teachers, but she didn’t plan on becoming a teacher until she went on her first trip to Uganda through Embrace Uganda. “I met a bunch of kids who came together and put on this play about why they were in the children’s home.” The kids inspired her “because I realized how important it is to be able to tell stories.”
  • Embarrassing High School Memory: Levine’s happened to be in her sophomore English class. “My friend Mark made me so mad that I threw a fit. I was so upset that my teacher let me sit in her special rocking chair at the front of the class, which wasn’t embarrassing at the time because I was just mad, but thinking back that was probably a little dramatic.”
  •  Favorite Rainy Day Activity: Levine enjoys listening to music. “I’m trying to teach myself guitar, so that’s always fun to practice.”