September 12, 2014

New Teacher: Emily Chiarolanzio

Aaron Koch
Staff Writer

Ms. Emily Chiarolanzio
College: Eastern Carolina University
Subject: Special Education
Inspiration: Ms. Chiarolanzio spent her free period junior and senior in Room 507 (which is Apex High's multiple disabilities room).  She spent time observing and helping out with the students there, which she soon found was her passion.  "I always knew I wanted to work with kids, but I didn't know what I wanted to do and I didn't think about teaching until I started doing that." 
Best High School Memory: “My best memory in high school was the time I spent in 507, just finding that I had a passion in teaching.”
Favorite Restaurant: Cowfish, a burger and sushi bar in North Hills, Raleigh.
Favorite Shows: Walking Dead, Pretty Little Liars