March 06, 2013

New teacher: Sarah Luckey

Zane Muzzillo
Staff Writer

Where are you from? Luckey grew up in Springlake, Michigan, and later moved to North Carolina to teach.

Reason for becoming a teacher: “I had great teachers that really inspired me. They challenged me to work harder and set high goals for myself.”

Sarah Luckey is Apex's newest Spanish teacher.
Why you chose your subject: “Because Spanish is amazing. I really love Spanish because Spanish, unlike other foreign languages, actually intrigues me.”

Job Experience: “Before college I worked at Pruebelo, a Mexican restaurant, and I was nanny during college.” She taught at Springlake High School, Sanford Southern Lee High School, in Sanford, North Carolina, and a preschool called Allstars Children Academy located in Morrisville, North Carolina.

Background: In high school, she was part of student council, drama club and Young Life club.

Education: Luckey went to Calvin College in Grand Rapids, Michigan. She has not gone to graduate school, yet when she does she will most likely attend N.C. State.

Hobbies: “I do a lot of church work, I love to paint, and I like kayaking.”

Advice for students: “Come to class and don’t be late.”