September 24, 2012

New teacher: Jennifer Holt

Sarah Muzzillo
Features Editor

From: Holt is originally from and grew up in Albemarle, North Carolina. She currently resides in Raleigh near N.C. State.


Jennifer Holt
College: Holt attended college at UNC-Chapel Hill, where she received a B.S. degree in science and biology.

Previous jobs: Before coming to Apex, Holt worked in Union County and Wakefield High School as a science teacher. Currently, she teaches both academic and honors biology.

Motivation to become a teacher: “I didn’t originally go to college for teaching. UNC had a teaching program that I decided to join, and I soon discovered that I loved being around people.”

Reason for choosing subject: “I like how you can relate science to the real world. Biology has more relevance to somebody’s life, so it’s easy to make the class relatable and fun.”