September 13, 2012

New Teacher: Carly Brown

Amanda Nash
Chief Videographer

Carly Brown
From: Raleigh, N.C. Carly Brown attended N.C. State University for her undergraduate degree with a double major in History and Education, as well as a concentration in Women’s History and Civil Rights Studies. She then completed her Master’s degree in Curriculum and Instruction with a concentration in New Literacies and Global Learning.

Motivation to become a teacher: “I had really good social studies teachers in high school that made history fun and interesting. My dad is obsessed with history and made me go to battlefields when I was little.”

Favorite time period: “I love doing post-World War II, all the social movements that happened; it was a coming-of-age for America and it helped us move forward as a country.”

Favorite history fact: “Jimmy Carter was attacked by a swamp rabbit.”