September 24, 2012

Feature Athlete: Jalen Ware

Jake Pedersen
Chief Photographer

Senior Jalen Ware is an accomplished multi-sport athlete. Since seventh grade, he has dominated in every sport he has played, including winning MVP in Track and Field. 

Jake Pedersen (JP): What sport(s) do you play?
Jalen Ware (JW): Track and field and football.
JP: Why do you play sports?
JW: I play sports mainly because I like the competition, but also because I feel lazy if I don’t exercise daily.
JP: What awards have you won?
Senior Jalen Ware hands off baton
JW: As of right now, I am a three time All American in USATF and I am also the MVP of the Apex High School Track Team.
JP: How long have you been involved in each sport?
JW: I’ve been running track since seventh grade and this is my first year playing football.
JP: What is your dream future occupation?
JW: I would like to be a pharmacist or psychologist.
JP: What’s the most rewarding thing about playing sports?
JW: Winning.