February 10, 2015

Student Showcase: Christopher Caggia and Meghan Peterson

Maya Horton
Staff Writer


Chris Caggia and Meghan Peterson are talented artists in Ian Sands Art 1 class.  This week they discussed their art and inspirations with the Legacy reporters.  They are the first participants of the weekly Student Showcase, where student artists can be discovered by their peers.

Christopher Caggia
15 years old
Freshman

Favorite color?
“Yellow, primarily because no one else seems to like it.”

Weapon of choice?
“I like to do art on the computer.  I also enjoy photography, and photographing things”


Opinion on the Art 1 class?
“The people in class are interesting...free spirited people”

Distinguishing factor?
“What makes me interesting? I have red hair...normally I get compliments from other people who have red hair.”

Favorite music?
“I like acoustic rock...like Abandoning Sunday”

Words of inspiration?
“Every style is unique, you have a unique style so don’t worry about doing (art) wrong.”

Meghan Peterson
15 years old
Freshman

Favorite color?
“Green, it’s like life.  You see it one the trees and leaves, things like that you know?”

Weapon of choice?
“I kind of like to draw.  I prefer (graphite) pencils instead of markers and stuff.”

Who inspired you?
“I had a really awesome art teacher in elementary school”

Memorable class moment?
“Like when we were doing figure drawing warmups and (Mr. Sands) is like “Look Lovingly into their eyes or their hair.””

Artistic inspiration?
“I like manga and the art style in them”

Favorite project?

“The cartoon board.  I was so scared it was going to be bad but then it turn

ed out cute.  And for the bone project it turned out kind of scary, I drew the bones of Stitch.”