March 18, 2015

Scholar Athlete: Anthony Gavazzi

Natalia Ghan
Staff Writer


Anthony Gavazzi


Sport: Cross Country and Track
GPA: 4.98

Best athletic moment: “I was an alternate for the state cross country team, and watching my teammates place third two years in a row at the NCHSAA Cross Country Championship was the best part of my cross country career. Breaking five minutes in the mile for the first time was my most memorable moment in track.”


Favorite athlete: “Erik Salgado. He embodies all the values of sportsmanship while excelling in athletics and academics. He is an excellent runner and has other priorities at the same time.”



Inspiration: “I know that if I show up to practice, I will see my times drop.”


Clubs: Key Club, Science Olympiad, NHS.



Hobbies: Playing clarinet, piano, Super Smash Bros., and reading.



Favorite food: “Linguini with clam sauce.”



Favorite class: “My favorite class was honors English 4 with Mrs. FB. She is a great teacher who loves what she does, and teaches very well. The subject matter was very interesting, and I also made many friendships in that class.”



Future hopes: “Attend a prestigious university, and earn a Ph.D. in engineering. Engineering would be a way for me to make a difference in the world. I don’t have it all figured out yet, but maybe I will work with alternative energy sources to reduce human impact on the environment. “