December 13, 2012

Scholar Athlete: Katy Williams

Jake Pedersen
Chief Photographer

Classes: Latin III Online, AP Statistics, Honors Chorus, Physics Honors

GPA: 4.85
If you could eat one food every day, what would it be? Probably pizza. Because I love carbs and because I am a swimmer.

How long have you  been participating in your sport? About eight years.

What sparked your interest in sports? My neighborhood has a swim team, so we started there and then switched to year round swimming afterwards.

Katy Williams competing in a breast stroke event.
What’s your favorite team? My swim team. I don’t follow sports really besides my swim team.

Who’s your favorite athlete? Rebecca Sony. She’s a breast stroker and does the 200-meter breast stroke, which is my event.

What’s your favorite movie? Finding Nemo.

What’s your favorite subject? Math or science.

What is your favorite social networking site? Facebook.

What’s your favorite quote? “It’s kind of fun to do the impossible,” by Walt Disney.

Describe yourself in three words: Intelligent, introverted, and wacky

How much time do you put into your training? Three hours a day, including Saturday.

In the future, do you plan on pursuing a career in this sport? Yes, hopefully.