May 24, 2012

Leah Pedro Elected Student Body President

Ciara Healey 
Staff Writer
Junior Leah Pedro was recently elected
as the 2012-2013 Student Body President.

After three years of experience as Class President at Apex High, Leah Pedro was elected the new Student Body President for the 2102-2013 school year. “I’m really looking forward to being president. I think it’ll be a great year for Apex,” Pedro says.


Pedro knew she wanted to be involved in student government since her freshman year when she decided to run for class president. “I honestly didn’t think I was going to win, but I’m so glad I did. Being president has been a major part of my life,” she says.

Pedro has made many changes to the school along with the officers in Student Council. “We collaboratively have been able to create activities like the Homecoming festivities, pep rallies, the annual talent show, Mr. Apex and others,” said Pedro.

There are, however, many challenges that will arise next year and bring change to our school. “Since there are roughly 800 freshmen coming into Apex High, the school will have to accommodate for the large size. There’s talk about making three lunch periods next year, and there’s going to be parking problems for sure,” she explains, “Some things are inevitable, but I’m going to do as much as I can to listen to the students and try to fix these problems.”