December 10, 2013

Scholar Athlete:Shauna Hines

Natalia Ghan
Staff Writer

Sport: Diving

GPA: 4.45
Best Athletic Moment: Winning conference and regionals in diving for the 2012-2013 Diving Season. I didn’t expect to win so I was pretty psyched.

Favorite Athlete: Olympic divers Greg Louganis and David Boudia. I found out more about Louganis through an AP English project last year. He overcame many obstacles including injury.  Boudia because he recently held up to the pressure at the Olympic Games and won a gold medal.

Inspiration: I have a lot of teammates who have been diving for a long time, and they are really good. I hope to be as good as they are someday.

Clubs: NHS Secretary

Hobbies: Watching TV and sleeping.

Favorite food: Potatoes because they are so versatile; you can have them so many different ways. You can have mashed potato, and then can have a baked potato. You can have hashed browns, french fries. I love potatoes every way.

Favorite class: I liked AP U.S. History last year. Everyone in the class got really close. It was a lot of work, but a lot of fun.

Future hopes: Get into the University of Georgia and walk on to their dive team. I’d like to become a physical therapist so after graduating from Georgia I hope to attend the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.